The Wonderful Benefits of Ozone
inactivates viruses, bacteria, yeast, fungus, and protozoa
stimulates the immune system
cleans arteries and veins, improves circulation
purifies the blood and lymph
normalizes hormone and enzyme production
reduces pain, calms the nerves
prevents stroke damage
reduces cardiac arrhythmia
improves brain function and memory
oxidizes toxins, allowing their excretion
chelates heavy metals; it works well in conjunction with EDTA
prevents and reverses degenerative diseases
prevents and treats communicable diseases
prevents and eliminates auto-immune diseases
HOW DOES OZONE WORK?
1. Inactivation of bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast and protozoa: Ozone disrupts the integrity of the bacterial cell envelope through oxidation of the phospholids and lipoproteins. In fungi, ozone inhibits cell growth at certain stages. With viruses, the ozone damages the viral capsid and disrupts the reproductive cycle by disrupting the virus to cell contact with peroxidation. The weak enzyme coatings on cells which make them vulnerable to invasion by viruses make them susceptible to oxidation and elimination from the body, which then replaces them with healthy cells.
2. Enhancement of Circulation: In circulatory disease, a clumping of red blood cells hinders blood flow through the small capillaries and decreases oxygen absorption due to reduced surface area. Ozone reduces or eliminates clumping and red cell flexibility is restored, along with oxygen carrying ability. Oxygenation of the tissues increases as the arterial partial pressure increases and viscosity decreases. Ozone also oxidizes the plaque in arteries, allowing the removal of the breakdown products, unclogging the blood vessels.
3. Stimulation of Oxygen Metabolism: Ozone causes an increase in the red blood cell glycolysis rate. This leads to the stimulation of 2,3 - diphosphoglycerate (2,3-DGP) which leads to an increase in the amount of oxygen released to the tissues. There is a stimulation of the production of enzymes which act as free radical scavengers and cell wall protectors: glutathione peroxidase, catalase, and superoxide dismutase. Ozone activates the Krebs cycle by enhancing oxidative carboxylation of pyruvate, stimulating production of ATP. Ozone also causes a significant reduction in NADH and helps to oxidize cytochrome C. Prostacycline, a vasodilator, is also induced by ozone.
4. Formation of Peroxides: Ozone reacts with the unsaturated fatty acids of the lipid layer in cellular membranes, forming hydro peroxides. There is a synergistic effect with cellular-formed (H/2 0/2). Lipid peroxidation products include alkoxyl and peroxyl radicals, singlet oxygen, ozonides, carbonyls, alkanes and alkenes.
Dissolution of Malignant Tumors: Ozone inhibits tumor metabolism. In addition, ozone oxidizes the outer lipid layer of malignant cells and destroys them through cell lysis. Phagocytes produce (H/2 O/2) and hydroxyl to kill bacteria and viruses. The generation of hydroxyl by killer cells is critical to their cytotoxic capability. Ozone stimulates conversion of L-arginine to citrulline, nitrite, and nitrate by phagocytes, acting on tumors.
5. Activation of the Immune System: Ozone administered at a concentration of about 50ug/cc causes the greatest increase in the production of interferon. Higher or lower concentrations have a correspondingly lower effect. Interleukin tumor necrosis factor (TNF) is released in the greatest quantities between 30 and 55 ug/cc. The production of interleukin-2 launches an entire cascade of subsequent immunological reactions.
Ozone is not a drug and it is not a magic bullet. It is a therapeutic tool of great power which can aid the body in regaining health. However, in the end, it is the immune system that has to do the work of healing the body. Therefore, the immune system must be functioning.
The immune system is controlled by the midbrain, the limbic system, through the thymus. The limbic system also controls the emotions. If the emotions are disrupted, the immune system is suppressed or shut down.
Recent research by Dr. Glen Rein of Heart math Institute has shown that the thymus, the general of the army of the immune system, is regulated by sympathetic resonance with the heartbeat. By measuring the regularity of the heartbeat with an electrocardiogram, Dr. Rein was able to show that irregular heartbeat, as caused by emotional upset, produced erratic thymus function, which suppressed the immune system. Dr. Rein also found that it was possible to train people to control their heartbeat and raise their level of immune function.
Since ozone has a well-known calming and analgesic effect, perhaps ozone therapy causing restoration of heartbeat regularity has a role to play in enhancing the immune system, along with interleukin-2 stimulation. Ozone is already used as a treatment for heart arrhythmia.
Therefore, prolonged use of ozone would enhance the immune system by contributing to a calm, even heartbeat, produced by a well-oxygenated heart pumping clean bright red blood through plaque-free arteries.
This article by Dr. Robert E. Willner, MD, PhD provides additional information on the benefits of Oxygen and Ozone.
The Benefits of Oxygen and Ozone
The Importance of Oxygen
Dr. Robert E. Willner, MD, PhD
Virtually every patient’s room in a modern hospital is equipped for the administration of oxygen. Every emergency room is required by law to have the same equipment. Deep breathing exercises are prescribed for patients with lung problems and for persons recovering from surgery. The narrow application of these techniques is very unfortunate. They should be routine for every person.
The average person takes their respiration for granted. There are large Eastern religions who incorporate consciousness of breathing is an important teaching in their religious instruction. Indians refer to ‘prana’ as a wonderful substance that God has provided for a healthy life. It seems certain that prana is ozone.
Deep breathing exercises carry greater importance today than ever before, because of the lowered amount of oxygen in the air in our cities. The effect of gradual oxygen deprivation ion metabolism is devastating and leads to a greater production, and an inadequate processing of the toxic wastes that our bodies produce daily. One of the consequences of a lowered oxygen supply is the elevation of uric acid in the body. This causes a wide variety of metabolic problems.
The most common disease associated with uric acid disorder is gout and it is primarily due to an in ability to fully process meat protein. However, almost every system of the body is detrimentally affected. The formation of kidney stones and gall bladder stones, the blocking of circulation, and the destruction of joints by the formation of crystalline deposits are just a few of the serious problems that arise.
There are hundreds of known biochemical reactions in the body that utilize oxygen. Acute deprivation of oxygen (hypoxia) leads to a rapid death; we are simply getting there more slowly. The impairment of oxidative processes is directly related to the development and progress of cancer.
The use of ozone in the treatment of cancer addresses the problem of cellular hypoxia, or oxygen starvation, and has wide systemic effects. The efficacy of this treatment is been proven over the last fifty years in Germany.